Links by Subject
Art and Music
- Getty Museum Virtual Library - View over 200 publications from the J. Paul Getty Museum about specific art pieces and art movements
- Google Art Project - Access an interactive gallery of high resolution images of artwork from around the world. Browse by museum, by artist or by artwork, compiled collections or artwork by medium or date.
- Met Museum eBooks - Hundreds of full text art history eBooks about the Met Museum art collection and the global art world
- Touch Van Gogh - This free Google Education App tells the story of Van Gough's work by allowing you to examine the painting style and technique, the color and even the artwork's damage.
- Ethnologue - Contains information on over 7,000 known living languages
- Mango Languages - Interactive speaking, listening, reading and writing lessons in many different languages. Create a log in to keep track of your progress *Note: Mango Languages is a database provided by Beebe. Library card login for access.
Health and Wellness
- USDA SuperTracker - Personalized nutrition and physical activity plans, plus food comparison tool, trackers and recipes
- Nutrition Topics from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
History and Social Studies
- American Memory Project - Photo archives from the Library of Congress organized into collections.
- Digital Commonwealth - Photographs, manuscripts, audio recordings and other materials made available by libraries, museums, archives and historical societies across Massachusetts
- History Pin - Explore interactive maps pinned with photos and descriptions spanning various time periods
- Leventhal Map Center at BPL - View historical maps digitized by the Boston Public Library; select "Collections" to browse
Library / Media
Science and Technology