Adversity Biography Project (Gr 5, All Teams)
Guiding Question: What characteristics help a person overcome adversity - difficulties, challenges or hardship - and reach success?
- As a class, develop the word "Adversity" with a concept map with examples of qualities that may contribute to overcoming adversity.
- Discuss the criteria of the final products (as determined by teacher).
- Review the sources provided for information about individuals known to have faced adversity. Choose a person with an overcoming adversity story that intrigues you and makes you want to learn more.
- Find out as much information as you can about the person you chose as your subject and their story.
- Use the graphic organizer given to you by your teacher to organize your research.
- Your information will be presented in the project type of your choice.
The links below take you to lists of individuals who have faced adversity. If you have another person you'd like to research, check with your teacher.